Tuesday 13 August 2013

Yes it could possibly rain more...

This rain is exhausting and depressing. I think i may have picked the wrong summer to open my own farm. Everything is having such a rough time with the cold nights and wet days. Panic is starting to set in for me, my pickling cucumbers aren't doing anything and my beans just flowered. I have no pictures today because nothing has changed. I have a million little bell peppers that may never ripen if the sun never comes out.
To make myself feel better i ordered the seeds for my winter greenhouse crop. I found some really really fun stuff, so i hope everyone is pumped, cause i am!

My land will be tilled and mulched in about 2 weeks time. It will quadruple our size for next year. I also located some native hazelnut trees on the property and my goal is to clone them so i can grow hazel nuts. I am so excited for next year it's unbelievable.

We also have some other fun stuff in the works for next year that i will share with you later this winter. I think everyone will be pretty excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment