Tuesday 2 July 2013

Lots of stuff going on.

Well i ended up taking the weekend off. I have surgery coming up in a few days and i'm not allowed to take any pain killers until Thursday afternoon. I'm so sore recently that Advil and has become my best friend. I did a bit of work but, for the most part i did stuff at home. It was nice and relaxing. I'm still pretty sore today but, at least i can use my hands for the most part. Most of the weekend they were just claws; I couldn't even open a jar. 

Now for a picture update! 
I took these on Saturday so there has been a fair amount of growth since then.  

ALL the peppers are out of the greenhouse. The aphids got so bad that i had no choice but to put them outside in the pouring rain to help wash them off. Luckily it worked! Between all the ladybugs and the various other aphid predators they are pretty much picked clean of bugs. The new growth is coming in not curled and there are LOADS of buds and flowers. I fertilized them and pruned them as well. I'm working on getting them to grow some more foliage before they really get into making peppers, so we've been eating a lot of tiny peppers for the last few days. I also transplanted the basil and made a basil forest. I lost a few, but for the most part they're doing really well. 



The rest of the peppers went into the garden. I think something is coming in and eating them, there are a few that are chewed down to sticks. They're all hot pepper plants, so whatever ate it probably didn't enjoy their next poop. 


It's honestly amazing how much this mustard grows everyday. This picture was taken on Saturday and the mustard is now about 6 inches taller than this. I think i'll be making a lot of mustard!!


Onions


Beans sprouted, they're mostly all up now. They just sprouted on Saturday. 


I can't tell what this is from the picture. I think it's pickling cucumber. 


Squash 


I'll have more pictures tomorrow. I have a large amount of fairly big tomatoes that will be ripening soon. I'm really pumped. 

We're going to start digging up the next garden very soon, it will be roughly twice the size of this one; I hope. We have a lot of brush to clear before we can start. 

My summer student has been great, she's been a delight to work with. I'm really pleased. 

It's only the first day of the week and i haven't broken, cut, hurt, or smashed anything yet. I think i'm doing pretty good. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment