Saturday 18 May 2013

So many things happening all at once!


First i would like to apologize for the very long stretch between my posts recently. I'm a little overwhelmed to say the least. 
Second, everything is looking a little sad and squished in the greenhouse. My tomatoes are finally popping back after their transplant. Because of the weather i'm still at a standstill on transplanting since i have no room in the greenhouse to work. 

Now for the picture update!

THE FENCE IS UP!!! The garden is still too wet to get anything done, but at least the fence is up and i have compost being delivered tomorrow morning. I had color coded my fence parts last fall so i would know which part went were. Sadly i didn't remember what color went where but we managed to figure it out. 

 So much humidity, it fogged up the camera the other day. These are lemon cucumbers, i think. 

You know what would be great? More sun. Poor stretched watermelon. 

 More tomatoes, can't remember what types they are. 

More lemon cucumber!



 Transplanted tomatoes. They went into a bit of shock but they're starting to come around now. 

Onions on my work bench! Now you can see why i can't get any work done. 


Giant tomatillo plants.


 Hard too see, but my first tomatillo is starting!


 Last but not least, the greenhouse. So packed with stuff!

You can see in the above picture i have a backpack sprayer. I bought it in hopes that i wouldn't smell like rotting corpse after fertilizing. It works pretty well, the blood meal tends to clog up the screen in the sprayer but it's not too bad. It holds 4 gallons so it's pretty heavy. The first time i put it on i fell over and couldn't get up and had to yell for my mom to come help me. It had me pinned to the ground!

By next Monday i will be able to start hardening off my plants, and i'll also be able to start planting various things like lettuce, carrots, and beans. VERY EXCITED!!! 

I hope everyone's may long weekend is going well! Stay safe everyone. 

P.S. Next weekend is my ballet recital...wish me luck lol


No comments:

Post a Comment