Wednesday 29 May 2013

Well my pictures won't load.

I think blogger may hate me today, it won't load my pictures. So a text post it is!

I have 5 out of the 13 rows constructed. Lettuce and Mustard are in the ground, corn is going in today or tomorrow. I planted the lettuce and mustard in a nice 20-20-20 soil composition, i should see some sprouts pretty soon. The corn bed had less nitrogen and i mixed in pro mix to loosen it up a bit. The soil in my garden is very dense since it's pretty clay heavy. The onions are outside hardening off, i have a bit of powdery mildew but it seems to be subsiding. I should really be shoveling right now but, i'm exhausted.

The greenhouse is looking a little less like a jungle so i'm happy about that. I have peppers everywhere! So far mostly just serrano and cubanelle by the looks of it but, with all the blooms i should be seeing lots and lots of peppers very soon.

I've ordered in a bunch of more herb seeds, i should have roughly 10-15 different types. I was aiming for 25 but we just don't have the growing season for most of them. Next year, i'll start them in the greenhouse!

I've very excited for this summer, i hope it goes really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment