Wednesday 8 May 2013

The Garlic Has Sprouted!


So my level of busy has increased ten fold, at this point i don't know if i'm coming or going. For those of you who know i dance it's getting close to recital time which happens to over lap with garden prep and transplanting. I've also been helping with the recital pictures every night and i am EXHAUSTED. I figure about mid June after everything is planted i might sleep for 2 days. 

I moved some things outside to start hardening off a bit and to make some room for the other things i have to plant. I've been using a floating row cover at night to keep them warm. Yesterday though i didn't get to the greenhouse until late and i cooked my tomato plants, they're slowly coming back but i think i'm going to lose a few. Also didn't help that the neighbors dog decided to visit and dig up a few tomatoes. I almost had a moment but i collected myself and took a deep breath, I've been doing pretty well not letting the stress get to me. No freak outs yet! Even this morning when i woke up to discover i had no coffee. I have coffee now, things are better. 


Break time, how do you like my new rubber booties?


Transplanted the GIANT basil yesterday, it was insanely root bound. I think they'll be much happier in 6 inch pots. 


So many onions! At least they love this weather, hot days and cold nights. 

Onions and my shadow. 


Tomatoes that badly need to go in the ground. These are mostly old German and brandywine tomatoes. 


My sad cooked tomatoes, they look a little better this morning. I went there at 8am to take off the cover this morning. I've learnt my lesson. 


The greenhouse!


It's the garden! A giant soupy muddy mess. 


It's the garlic!!! 



All in all my days have been long, busy, and stressful but, i'm having the time of my life. I wouldn't change a thing!

Oh! I forgot! I finally named my farm. It's called HSA Farm....can you figure out what the HSA stands for? 


No comments:

Post a Comment