Wednesday 4 September 2013

And the cycle begins again.

So i don't have any pictures today, mostly because my phone is being weird and won't connect to my computer.
Last week and this week so far have been crazy. My summer student is gone to school and i'm all by myself. Today was my first time picking and prepping for market by myself, it took me 8 hrs to get everything together.

The greenhouse is back in full swing, the peppers have gone back inside and i'll be planting for winter very shortly. I've found someone to help me during the winter so i'm beyond happy about that.

This summer has been rough, i feel like i just planted and now i'm covering everything with row covers. I learned a fair amount though, i learned mostly what not to do next year.

The company is coming on Friday to mulch and till and start prepping the expansion. I'm excited and exhausted by the entire thing. I'm secretly very excited for the snow to fall so i'm down to just a greenhouse again.

I've hired another student for next summer and hopefully Erin (my student from this summer) will be back. Erin was the greatest thing to happen to me all summer, she was a wonderful employee and i couldn't have pulled any of this off without her. She worked her ass off for me this summer and i can't thank her enough for all of her hard work. I really hope nothing changes and she comes back next summer.

That's it for now, hopefully my phone will upload pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment