Tuesday 23 April 2013

Woohoo I Sold Some Stuff!

I finally got to sell some herbs this weekend. I sold out of Cilantro and Sweet basil. I still have some Siam basil left. It felt wonderful to have people excited for something I've grown. I was also very excited i made some money and was able to order pizza.

This weekend some of the local farmers gave a presentation at the library about sustainable agriculture and soil science. The turn out was amazing! It gives me a lot of hope for the farmers market this summer. Hopefully we won't be going home with a truck load of food this summer.

I spent pretty much the entire weekend and Monday in the greenhouse. I finished transplanting the peppers finally, and i also planted some new things. I have cauliflower, red cabbage, and some other random stuff planted.

Today all the plants got some calcium, magnesium and molasses.

Here's a picture update!

Close up of some tomatoes


 This is it for petunia's, 5 of them out of 265 seeds. I'll try again next year. 


 Some newly planted cauliflower and cabbage.


 Pepper close up!


 Tomatoes and Hawk feather farm's stuff. 


 Everything for Hawk feather farm is doing really well. I thinned it all down yesterday and everything seems much happier. 


 Peppers! Loads and loads of peppers


 Peppers, tomatoes, and red onions. 


Giant tomatillo's. They're so stretched, I feel bad for them. I really wish I had not planted them so early. They're going to grow into GIANT tomatillo shrubs though. 


 What's left of the basil. 


 New stuff!


That one bare shelf you see in the picture above is all the room I have left. I still have roughly 10 flats worth of stuff to plant and my mothers order of bedding plants is arriving soon. Also I have to fit my bedding plants in here somewhere. I'm not really sure how I'm going to do this, but I suppose I have to make it work.

I'm still trying to come up with a name for my farm and i can't think of anything. Anyone have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment