Tuesday 26 March 2013

Beer cups and 3 years of soil

Things are growing like crazy in the greenhouse now that the sun is out. My kelp meal arrived yesterday and now everything has potassium, hurrah!

I was able to transplant some onions but i ran out of soil and beer cups. I decided to use beer cups for the last stage of my onions just due to their size and length. Onions don't have a shitload of roots but the ones they do have tend to need a fairly deep pot. I didn't want to purchase pots just for my onions so i went to the dollar store and bought them out. The constant problem I've been having of running out of soil has finally come to and end, i ordered a skid of pro mix today, that's 30 3.8 cu ft bails. So i think i'll have enough pro mix for about the next 2-3 years. My red onions are still kind of sad and I've determined that it seems to be a watering issue, so I've increased the amount of water they receive everyday. 


My peppers and tomatoes are doing GREAT! Couple more weeks and they'll be ready for transplant. 



The petunia's in the blue bins on the bottom shelf are still kind of meh. I have one entire tray not doing anything, their soil composition is good and i hit them with some 20-20-20 diluted fertilizer. 2 of the trays perked up after the fertilizer but the other 2 are still mostly bare. They are kept at the correct humidity and temperature and they get a large amount of sun. Anyone have any idea's?


The Cilantro has finally come back, so i'm pretty pumped about that. 



Look at these lovely herbs! I wish you all could smell them! They're just lovely. 


I apologize for slacking on my blog, I've been crazy busy with transplanting and various other things. 

Now that i have ordered a LARGE supply of soil i just need to find a large supply of kelp meal, blood meal, and bone meal. I wish this city had a farm supply store. 

I am so excited for summer i can hardly contain myself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment