Friday 29 March 2013

I need a flame thrower for various reasons.

I learned something new this week. Never assume you will not have to get into a building for the entire winter. Since i ordered a skid of pro-mix i have to house it somewhere since it will take up all the room in my greenhouse. I haven't really shoveled out any of the out buildings at all this year so the snow was pretty intense. I spent three and a half hours shoveling out one bay of a garage so i had somewhere to put my soil.

I'm pretty short and the snow was past my waist. 

Look at that!!! I shoveled that all by myself like a big girl!
Screw the other door, it can stay that way until spring. 

 Do you like my small mountain of snow? I had to knock it down a fair amount or it would have been epic!

I just got back from the greenhouse and this morning wasn't as shit hot as it thought it was going to be. I watered everything and then went to check on the lemon tree and noticed the petunia that somehow ended up in the pot was looking very sad, which is weird cause it's been healthy as hell since it sprouted. I touched one of the leaves and the soil erupted with bugs! I yelped grabbed soap, water, insecticide (it's not chemical), and cayenne pepper and went to work on it again. They didn't look like spider mites, however i didn't spend a lot of time looking at them before i tried to murder them. Whatever the hell they are they killed my damn petunia so now it's WAR!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Get that damm orange plant out of there, it will spread. DO IT NOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may be Thrips, i'm not sure. All i know is my mom really knows how to infest the shit out of a plant.

      I just don't want to give up on this poor tree, it's doing really well aside from the bug problem.

      Delete