Tuesday 12 March 2013

Enough with the snow already!

Timmins has received a few centimeters shy of 40cm of snow in the past 48hrs, which is pretty insane. So like any sane person that lives in Northern Ontario where this happens on a regular basis i purchased a Nissan Cube to drive my ass around in. WORST IDEA EVER! Needless to say getting to and from my greenhouse for the past two days has been fun. Who needs the gym when you have to shovel 2 hrs a day.

Because of all the snow fall and my unwillingness to haul my ass out of bed earlier then 9am for the past 3 days my poor little seedlings watering schedule is all over the place. This morning things were a little grim in the greenhouse, i have some serious wilting. I was roughly 2 hours later than usual to water. I think i may have lost about 20 onions, and nothing I've planted this past week has sprouted yet, aside from that one petunia.

Hopefully i will have some pictures this evening, if i can get back there.

I spend a fair amount of time researching planting, plants, farming, etc.. and the best piece of advice i have seen is "Be out the door no later than 7am everyday". One of these days i hope to actually listen to this small tidbit of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment