Thursday 7 March 2013

I am productive!

To the lovely person who gave my the $15 gift certificate from Home Depot, i went to solve my watering can issue and they were sold out of watering cans...such is my life. I did however score a FREE yes free wireless soil thermometer, not sure if it works but either way i'm freaking pumped about it. How often do you find cool shit like this for free at Home Depot? AMAZING!!

Everything seems pretty good today in the green house, the furnace works, humidity is back up, and there's no spider mites. Also the lemon tree has new buds on it.

I was expecting an order of trays and flats so i could plant again on Sunday but I've had some stuff on back order and today i panicked so i went around looking for trays. Just regular run of the mill trays, these do not exist in Timmins. I had a genius level brain fart though and went to Dollarama and bought 10 storage bins, drilled holes in the bottom of them and made them into propagation trays. Alright; maybe not genius level but i was proud of myself. Also found out when i got home that my trays have shipped and will be here tomorrow.

I am productive! I put hooks on the wall so i can hang my coat!!



I was able to start my mom's petunia's today, all 254 of them. Apparently i should have started them on the first of March, if only i had read the directions...

Petunia's in storage bins!





3 comments:

  1. 3rd time trying to comment and I guess I'm old and stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok it worked.
    Alright. I sent yu a mag today called Greenhouse Canada, use to get it when I had the garden centre. Good article on roots, worth reading.
    It would be nice to get some heat under those trays, heat mats. Look online - Lee Valley or some of the seed cat. would have them. I use them it it speeds things up.
    Doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think you're old and stupid, it's probably a pain to post a comment.
    If the greenhouse is at a constant 80F should i use heat mats? It's insanely hot in there since i started the peppers and petunia's. They both like to germinate at 80-85.
    Thank you so much for sending me the magazine, i'm excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete