Friday 7 June 2013

I think i might hate shoveling.

I shoveled all day yesterday, i have 3 more rows to do today and then i'm done. This year i have a total of 13 rows that are each 55ft long. I've decided to expand by another 50ft over the summer so it can be ready for some fall planting.

Everything in the garden is doing really well, the mustard will probably have to be thinned in the next few days. I'm going to plant my carrots today.

I harvested my first pepper, which turned out to be a Serrano. I threw it in with my potatoes that i barbecued last night. It was excellent.

I ordered my new irrigation system yesterday along with my floating row covers and some black plastic mulch. I'm hoping it'll be here today since they sent it with Purolator, but more than likely Monday.I am officially done ordering stuff, at least i think so.

The over night temperatures are gradually increasing so i'm hoping to have the rest of my stuff out of the greenhouse and hardening off by Monday. The onions finally go in the ground on Monday as well.

So things are looking up, panic is starting to subside and i'm hoping i'll have stuff for the first farmer's market of the year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment