Monday 10 June 2013

Meet the flea beetle

So i was planting the onions today and i was on the second row which is next to the mustard and i noticed that it looked like the mustard plants were moving. After my run in with the spider mites i knew that is never a good sign. I went over to check and......

FLEA BEETLES EVERYWHERE!!!



They are very quickly destroying my entire crop of mustard, i'm not sure there will be any left in the morning. Turns out flea beetles LOVE mustard... I came home to come up with a plan of attack for the morning, i'm too exhausted after planting onions all day in the hot sun to attempt to kill these guys. I attacked them with some soap and water with hope of slowing them down. It's supposed to rain tonight so that may save my crop, since it turns out they don't like to eat in the rain. 

I have a pretty good plan, i hope it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment