Saturday 8 June 2013

The greenhouse has been emptied!


Yesterday i had some help from my lovely man and we finished the rows in the garden. I also got all my nutrients into the soil as well as a load of egg shells that were collected for me by a very lovely lady who makes some wonderful baked goods. My herbs are planted and so are the carrots. 

Now onto the pictures!


Everything that was in the greenhouse minus the peppers. 

Transplanted peppers, i'm not done yet. I figure by tomorrow they should all be transplanted. I have a large amount of bell peppers already starting. No that they're in bigger pots they should shoot up pretty quickly and start blooming. 


Empty Greenhouse


This is my giant Brandywine tomato plant. She's 5'4" and i think i'll name her Big Bertha. 


Mustard!! 


This is what mustard seedlings look like up close. 


Spinach


Garlic


We found this onion left over from last year. It's doing really well, so we transplanted it. Seems like a happy red onion. 


Complete garden



Sadly my lettuce died due to lack of water, luckily it's early and i have more seeds. Irrigation pump is going in the river tomorrow morning and hopefully my system will be here by Monday.

For the last 2 days I've worked my little butt off and things are starting to move along. Today i didn't stop, i think i took 2 5min breaks the entire day. Didn't even stop for lunch. I was so hungry when i got home i ate a hamburger, 2 sausages, and sweet potato fries. My dinner was so huge it required 2 plates.  
Also, i have a wicked tan!



No comments:

Post a Comment