Saturday 15 June 2013

If it's not one thing it's another.

         The flea beetle infestation has subsided. The mustard matured enough to get the flea beetles to slow down on eating them, i still find the odd one here and there but nothing too bad. Poor mustard though, it looks pretty beat up, i'm sure soon enough they'll look like nothing happened to them.

          Half of the tomatoes were planted today, they look a little rough right now. Tomorrow i'm going to give them some cal/mag, molasses and liquid kelp to perk them up.

        I finally finished installing the irrigation and it's presently running. I'm very happy about that!

        Also we put up the trellis for the cucumbers, they're being planted tomorrow.

        While all this lovely stuff happened i also discovered one of the worst aphid infestations I've ever seen in my green house this morning. I spent a good portion of my day fighting with them, it was so bad i had to wash every leaf on every pepper plant. I also intertwined all the basil through all the peppers since apparently aphids don't like basil. It was really discouraging, i was so happy that the flea beetle issue was starting to calm down and then BAM! APHIDS!

           I'm hoping tomorrow won't make me cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment